Your Marriage Celebrant – Your Wedding Ceremony

Steps to Marriage

Initial Contact – call or email me to check my availability on your chosen wedding date. At this time we will arrange a meeting.

Initial Meeting – this provides an opportunity for you to meet me and decide if I am the celebrant of your choice. We will talk about your specific ceremony. Until you pay a deposit and complete the Notice of Intended Marriage, you are not obligated to go ahead. Paying a deposit secures your date and time.

In order to complete the the Notice of Intended Marriage and declarations you will need to bring the original copies of following:

Birth Certificates or Passport
Decree Absolute (if previously married)
Death Certificate (if widowed)

Where do you get your original paperwork?

Birth Certificate or Death Certificate – apply to the NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages
Decree Absolute – Family Court

All must be legible in English documents which need to be translated go to NAATI Services

Booking from Overseas – You need to contact and book with me. I can then send you a Notice of Intended Marriage which you can complete by obtaining signatures from a list of specific witnesses, which are listed on page 2. A copy can be sent to me but I will need to see all original documents before your wedding and keep the original Notice of Intended Marriage.

Immigration and Visa – Once you have booked with me and completed your Notice of Intended Marriage I can provide a letter to Immigration stating this fact.

The Notice of Intended Marriage will need to be completed one month and one day before your wedding and no later than 18 months to your wedding day.

Witnesses – you will need two witnesses for your wedding day who are 18 years or over
Once your date is secured I will assist you in planning your ceremony by providing examples of prepared ceremonies, poems and verse.

Your ceremony is truly a personal choice, it is your day . You will be sharing a very special moment declaring your love for each other, your vows and your commitment as you begin a new era in your life together.

Contact Me